May 31, 2021• Proven solutions
Are you trying to search for something on a document or a web page? You know how to do that. You use the combination ‘Ctrl + F’ for Windows or ‘Command + F’ for Mac. But searching comments from the YouTube comments section can be tricky because –
- There are many comments on the video, most of which do not load immediately. You can keep scrolling and still not find the desired comment.
- Managing and analyzing the vast number of comments can be difficult for as busy a platform as YouTube.
So, if you want to search YouTube comments quickly, what can you do? We will show you in this blog.
Part 1: Using the Built-in YouTube Studio Feature to Search Comments
How does the built-in YouTube Studio Feature make searching comments on YouTube easier?
Comments are the best way to interact with subscribers on YouTube. YouTube’s Studio is a new addition to help creators filter and respond to comments and create a healthy community. Sometimes, YouTubers also receive hateful and inappropriate comments. You can use the Studio Feature to report or delete those comments as well.
If you have a channel, you can use this feature in some simple steps.
- Visit YouTubeon your desktop and sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to the top right corner of your homepage, and you will find your profile icon. Click on it and from the drop-down menu, select the YouTube Studio option.
- This will take you to the YouTube Studio home page. On the left side, find and click on the Comments option, and then you will see all comments your YouTube channel has received.
- You can now click on the Filter icon from the comments section and type in the search term directly. Or, you can click the Search from the options, and type in the words you are looking for.
- Click on Apply, and you will see the comments with the keywords you chose.
Besides the comment search feature, the YouTube Studio also has some in-built search filter categories, such as –
Search: Search for comments with particular search terms. You can also search comments posted by a specific channel by using their username as the search term.
Contains questions: Filter the comments which have questions.
Channel member status: Search for comments from the channel members. YouTube channel membership is only available to channels joined YouTube Partner Program.
Subscriber count: Filter comments with the channel subscriber count, you can search for comments from channels with a minimum number of subscribers (from 100-10M).
Response status: Filter the comments to which you have responded or haven’t responded to.
You can combine these additional filters to narrow your comments search for YouTube.
Part 2: Using YCS – YouTube Comment Search Extension
You can use the YouTube Comment Search browser extension supported by Google Chrome to help you search YouTube comments effortlessly. To use it, follow these steps below.
- First, you need to install this extension. You can click this URLOr, you can open the Chrome Extensions page, and in the search bar at the top, type in YCS – YouTube Comment Search and press Enter.
- Click on the result that appears and then tap on the Add to Chrome button. This will add the extension to your browser.
- Once you add the extension, openon your browser. Click on the video where you want to search the comments. You will find the YouTube Comment Search extension below it.
- Tap on ‘Load comments’ and wait till the extension loads all the comments on the video.
- Now type your keywords, press Enter, and YCS will show all comments having the keyword you typed.
Part 3: Using Comments Search for YouTube Extension
If you are looking for an easy method to search YouTube comments, you can use the Comments Search for YouTube extension. Google Chrome supports this extension that allows you to search comments on YouTube without leaving the website.
How can you use this extension to search YouTube comments? Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial.
- First, you need to download the extension from. Then, locate the file on your computer and unzip it.
- Next, you need to install it in the browser. Open your Chrome browser, and from the top right corner, click on the three vertical dots. You will find the Settings option towards the end of the drop-down menu, and then click on it.
- When the Settings page opens, select Extensions from the panel on the left side of the webpage. This will take you to a new tab.
- On the top right corner of the page, there will be a toggle switch called Developer Mode. Turn it on if it is off.
- Once the Developer Mode is on, you will see three options now. Click on Load unpacked. Locate the downloaded extension file and click on it. Finally, disable Developer Mode.
When you complete these steps, you click on the extension icon to search comments on YouTube. You can also do this by using the combination ‘Ctrl + S’ on the target YouTube page. The extension also includes some advanced features like –
1. Global Mode
In this mode, you can type ‘global: your parameter’ to search all comments on the channel that fit your parameter.
2. Advanced Mode
This mode allows you to enter special commands to carry out an advanced search. Some including typing –
- ‘:’ to look for comments with timestamps
- ‘:all’ to see all comments
- ‘:creator’ to get comments made by the creator
Part 4: How Do You Search Comments You Have Posted on YouTube?
Did you post a comment on your favorite celebrity’s video? Do you think it may be embarrassing and want to delete it now but cannot find it now amidst so many comments? It is where you can make use of YouTube’s Comment History feature.
YouTube has now added this feature which you can see all the comments you ever posted on YouTube in one place.
How to Use the Comment History feature to Search Comments?
You can see all the comments you have posted in the Comment History in a few quick steps.
- You have to visit YouTube on your desktop and sign in using your Google account.
- Once you sign in, click on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your YouTube page.
- Click on the History option and then you will find the option called Comments on the right side of your YouTube History page. Click on it to see all your YouTube comments.
You can also access the Comments History page directly from.
Part 5: How to Find Out Who Posts the Most Comments on Your YouTube Videos?
If you are a creator on YouTube, the comments section becomes very important. Subscribers comment words of praise, encouragement, and feedback which help you grow. You may want to keep track of your most loyal followers. The best way to know that is by knowing who comments most on your videos.
Here is how you can figure out who is your channel super fan on the YouTube mobile app.
- Open YouTube app on your mobile device, and then sign in.
- From your public videos, select one from where you want to gather insights about your subscribers. Click on the video and scroll down to see the comments section.
- Choose a comment by someone whose engagement with your channel you want to check.
- On the left side of the comment, you will see the icon of the person’s channel. Click on it and you will see a pop-up menu with insights about the person. Here, you can learn about the number of comments they have posted on your channel.
This feature is helpful as it lists more than the number of comments made by someone. You can see insights like when they joined YouTube, how many subscribers they have, when someone subscribed to your channel, how many comments anyone posted on your videos, and how many responses they got from you. You can even see glimpses of all their comments. Clicking on them will take you to the whole conversation.
You can also see their channel’s banner from this section, which should tell you their channel’s niche.
YouTube is a global platform to share helpful and entertaining videos. The comments section of each video contains informative comments, feedback, and essential timestamps. Searching YouTube comments can help someone understand if the video is valuable or not. For many creators, the comments become the only way to engage with their supporters and create a tight-knit community.
Find feedback or questions. Report offensive comments. If you are a regular YouTube user, use our tips and tricks to search comments quickly and grow your channel.